Frequently Asked Questions
What do the colors on the VRtouch Haptic device LED mean?
The VRtouch haptic device LED indicates the current state of the device.
When the color of the LED light is:
- White: The device is ready to connect to the VR box.
- Red: The device is assigned to the right thumb and ready to operate.
- Green: The device is assigned to the right index and ready to operate.
- Cyan (Light Blue): The device is assigned to the left thumb and ready to operate.
- Magenta (Pink): The device is assigned to the left index and ready to operate.
- White blinking: The device is switched on and charged. Unplug the Micro USB to begin to operate the device.
- Off: The device is turned off or its battery is depleted.
How can I turn on the VRtouch haptic devices?
A VRtouch device is switched off when the LED is not emitting any light. Press the button on the top of the VRtouch device for 2 seconds to switch it on. A pulsating white light indicates that the device is switched on and ready to connect.
How do I know the battery level of the VRtouch Haptic devices?
While the VRtouch devices are switched on, briefly press the button. The LED color indicates the level of charge of the devices: Green - charged, yellow - medium charge, red - low charge.
The hands of the user are not tracking properly. What can I do?
Follow the following steps:
1. Ask the user to look at his/her hands while operating in VR.
2. If the user is wearing a black suit or a black vest, ask, if possible, to remove it to maximize the hand tracking performances.
The headset is not tracking properly the environment, what can I do?
Ensure that other people are not passing or moving in the space in front of the user operating the headset and the room is properly lit with artificial or natural light.
The user cannot interact with all the scenario because he/she is not in a good position, how I can modify it?
Ask the user if you can guide him/her towards the correct positioning, reposition him/her and ask him/her to look towards the correct direction, ask her to close her eyes and long press the Oculus button on the right controller to reset the direction than take the controller out of view and place it on a flat surface.